The BSRM saga began with the first steel re-rolling mills to emerge in the then East Bengal in 1952.
Introduced high strength cold twisted steel bars (TORSTEEL) to the construction industry.
Introduced High Strength Deformed reinforcing steel bars conforming to ASTM 615 Grade 60 for the construction industry.
Commissioned the then largest billet making plant in the country – Meghna Engineering Works Limited, now known as Steel Melting Works (SMW) unit of Bangladesh Steel Re-rolling Mills Ltd.
Introduced micro reinforcement wires, below 8mm, for low cost rural construction.
BSRM Steels Limited commenced production of internationally recognized Grade 500 steel bars branded as “Xtreme500W” conforming to ISO 6935-2.
BSRM Iron and Steel Co. Ltd. largest billet making plant in the country started commercial production on June 01, 2010.
- BSRM Steel Mills Ltd., the largest ever Induction Furnace based Billet making Plant was commissioned in September, 2015.
- Enhanced the capacity of BSRM Steels Limited from 600,000 MT to 700,000 MT per annum.
- Announced a new product “BSRM Maxima”.
- Increased capacity of Bangladesh Steel Re-Rolling Mills from 120,000 MT to 450,000 MT per annum which will be the first and largest merchant mill in Bangladesh.
- Listing of Bangladesh Steel Re-Rolling Mills Limited with the stock exchanges (DSE & CSE).
- Start of trial production of world’s largest induction furnace based billet casting project –“BSRM Steel Mills Limited”.
- For the first time in the history of BSRM Group, sales of MS Products crossed one million M. ton in the year of 2016.
- BSRM Steel Mills Limited, a largest billet making plant in the country started commercial production in June 2016.
- BSRM Ultima – a landmark innovation of BSRM is introduced for the first time in Bangladesh.
- EPOXY coated bars for corrosion free structure – CENTURA is introduced.
- Started to set-up a state-of-the-art Galvanized Iron (GI) wire and Low Relaxation Prestressed Concrete (LRPC) wire manufacturing plant.
- Business Intelligence (BI) Analytics Tool for BSRM Group started in May 2018, which helps senior management and Board Members to take prompt and prudent decisions.
Second melting unit of BSRM Steels Limited has successfully announced its commercial production on April 16, 2019, with a capacity of 430,000 MT billets per annum.
Introduced country’s first Customized Steel Solution called “FastBuild & SecuRing”.
- The new Grade B500DWR has introduced in the market with a brand name of “XTREME B500DWR”
- Successful Trial Production of BSRM Wires Limited has started on 15th November 2020 for Galvanized Iron (GI) wire, LRPC wire, Welding Electrode and CO2 wire.
- An investment of BDT 1,850 Crore will take part for setting up of a new bar and wire rolling and expansion of melting unit to enhance capacity of rolling by 6.00 lac M. Ton per annum and melting 2.5 lac M. Ton per annum to cater the growing market demand for quality steel products.
- Setting up of new bar and wire rolling and expansion of melting unit to enhance capacity of rolling by 6 lac M. Ton per annum and melting 2.5 lac M. Ton per annum in the name of BSRM Steels Limited.